The Proximity Grenade Launcher shoots out a projectile which is slightly affected by gravity. This projectile functions similar to a grenade, in that it will bounce off of surfaces, but it has the unique ability to air burst. This means when the projectile comes within a small radius of an opponent, the projectile will detonate and cause damage. This means it can be used to hurt players behind cover.
Proximity Grenade Launchers range from dealing 67 Damage per shot to 80 Damage per shot (43.55 - 45.5 Damage per Second). All Proximity Grenade Launchers use Rockets. The Proximity Grenade Launcher cannot headshot players.
|Proximity Grenade Launcher||Proximity Grenade Launcher|
|DPS: 43.55||DPS: 45.5|
|Damage: 67||Damage: 70|
|Fire Rate: 0.65||Fire Rate: 0.65|
|Magazine Size: 2||Magazine Size: 2|
|Reload Time: 3s||Reload Time: 2.8s|
|Structure Damage: 131||Structure Damage: 138|
The Proximity Grenade Launcher is a projectile weapon. As it uses a scope, the fired bullet will always shoot from the center of the crosshair.
There is no damage falloff on the Proximity Grenade Launcher's projectiles.
|Pullout||Epic and Legendary|
From when the weapon was last available in Season X
- Avoid shooting a Proximity Grenade Launcher near your person as it will deal the same damage to you as it does to enemy players.
- The Proximity Grenade Launcher can easily be used to attack players behind cover, as the airburst function of the grenade ensures a clean hit on someone in the small area of effect.
- The Proximity Grenade Launcher is incredibly useful for low skilled players, as it has a very forgiving radius to easily deal damage to opponents.
- The Proximity Grenade Launcher fires very slowly, so only use it when you can afford to stagger your attacks.
- Update v9.21: Introduced the Proximity Grenade Launcher in Epic and Legendary rarities.
- Update v10.20.2: Vaulted the Proximity Grenade Launcher in all rarities.
- Content Update v18.40 - 1: The Proximity Grenade Launcher is now available to be voted for via Donation Stations.
- November 27th: The Proximity Grenade Launcher lost the voting against the Flint-Knock Pistol.