A high tech rifle; charge it up to aim and fire a single powerful shot, great for dealing with enemies behind walls.
- — In-Game Description
The Rail Gun can be fired either by fully charging it, or charging for a small amount of time to deal less damage. While the Rail Gun is charging, it emits a red beam that can be seen by the user and other players. This beam will hurt players through a single structure wall.
Firing the weapon from the hip will always shoot from the center of the screen. Aiming down the weapon grants a much increased zoom, removes the sway and displays an overlay with a charge bar. The weapon does a a small amount knockback to both players and vehicles.
Rail Guns range from dealing 85 Damage per shot to 94 Damage per shot (85 - 94 damage per second). All Rail Guns use Heavy Bullets. The Rail Gun has a headshot multiplier of 2x and deals 2.5x damage against Saucers.
The Rail Gun deals 500-550 damage to structures and can also pierce through a single structure without losing damage. Damage per second does not take into account charge up time.
|Rail Gun||Rail Gun||Rail Gun|
|DPS: 85||DPS: 89||DPS: 94|
|Damage: 85||Damage: 89||Damage: 94|
|Fire Rate: 1||Fire Rate: 1||Fire Rate: 1|
|Magazine Size: 1||Magazine Size: 1||Magazine Size: 1|
|Reload Time: 3s||Reload Time: 2.85s||Reload Time: 2.7s|
|Structure Damage: 500||Structure Damage: 525||Structure Damage: 550|
The Rail Gun is a Hitscan weapon. The fired bullet will always shoot from the center of the crosshair. There is no damage falloff on the Rail Gun's projectiles.
|Pullout||Rare, Epic and Legendary|
From when the item was last available in Chapter 3: Season 2:
- In combination with a Recon Scanner or a Shakedown the Rail Gun can be utilized to attack enemies through structures, as both of these functions mark players through structures, and the Rail Gun is a piercing attack.
- It is able to destroy 2 structures in on blast, making it good against enemies gaining cover.
- It is able to shoot through indestructible surfaces, such as:
- It is highly useful against Saucers.
- Update v17.00: Introduced the Rail Gun in Rare, Epic and Legendary Rarities.
- Update v17.10: Added all rarity's of the Rail Gun to Fortnite: Creative.
- Content Update v17.10: The Rail Gun can be obtained by crafting a Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle with 1 Alien Nanites.
- Sneak Week: The Rail Gun can now be crafted from a Suppressed Sniper Rifle with 1 Alien Nanites.
- High Tech Hijinks Week: Rare Rail Gun can now be found as floor loot.
- Update v18.00: Rail Guns are now only available from IO Chests and IO Guards.
- Update v19.00: Vaulted the Rail Gun in all rarities.
- Content Update v20.40: Unvaulted the Rail Gun for the Rail Gun Recon Week.
- May 31, 2022: Vaulted the Rail Gun in all rarities.
- This is the third weapon in Battle Royale to have the ability to charge itself up, with the first being the Zapotron and the second being the Charge Shotgun.
- In the Chapter 2: Season 7 Battle Stars trailer, an Epic Rail Gun was shown to deal 267 damage headshot. It also had a slightly different icon which glowed blue, rather than red.
- Even though its knockback ability is fairly weak, it is still possible to negate your teammate’s fall damage by shooting them with the Rail Gun inches before they hit the ground, as it will remove the momentum.
- Hitting a Supply Llama with a Rail Gun will stun it for a few seconds.
- Rail Gun deals 2.5x normal damage to Saucers. It deals from 500 to 530 damage to Supply Drop balloons.
- The Rail Gun can shoot through Shield Bubbles.
- During Chapter 2: Season 7, the rail gun could be found by: