The Rapid Fire SMG is a short range, high hip-fire accuracy weapon and fast firing weapon, firing faster than most other SMGs. The purpose of the Rapid Fire SMG is to deal high amounts of DPS, with a focus on accuracy, due to lower per shot damage. The weapon can function at longer ranges, but the damage falloff is high and the accuracy low.
Rapid Fire SMGs could be upgraded from Common to Legendary at an Upgrade Bench. It could also be sidegraded to a Submachine Gun and vice versa, when available. A Compact SMG could also be sidegraded into one, but not vice versa.
|Rapid Fire SMG||Rapid Fire SMG||Rapid Fire SMG|
|DPS: 195||DPS: 210||DPS: 225|
|Damage: 13||Damage: 14||Damage: 15|
|Magazine Size: 20||Magazine Size: 20||Magazine Size: 20|
|Fire Rate: 15||Fire Rate: 15||Fire Rate: 15|
|Reload Time: 1.6s||Reload Time: 1.6s||Reload Time: 1.5s|
|Rapid Fire SMG||Rapid Fire SMG|
|DPS: 240||DPS: 255|
|Damage: 16||Damage: 17|
|Magazine Size: 26||Magazine Size: 26|
|Fire Rate: 15||Fire Rate: 15|
|Reload Time: 1.4s||Reload Time: 1.3s|
- The Rapid Fire SMG is ideal paired with a Shotgun, due to their close range abilities, if you do not kill the enemy with the shotgun, switch to the Rapid Fire SMG to finish them off.
- The Rapid Fire SMG rewards accuracy. Landing all shots can easily knock a full HP and Shield Target.
- The Rapid Fire SMG is great for destroying builds, due to its high fire rate and fast reload.
- Update v12.00: The Rapid-Fire SMG has been added to the game, in Rare rarity.
- Update v12.10: Uncommon rarity added.
- Update v12.20: Magazine size increased from 18 to 20.
- Update v13.00: Common, Epic, and Legendary rarities added.
- Update v13.20: Common rarity damage reduced from 14 to 13.
- The Epic and Legendary Rapid-Fire SMG cannot be sidegraded to a Compact SMG anymore (Instead it will be a Submachine Gun), but a Compact SMG can still be sidegraded to a Rapid Fire SMG.
- Update v14.00: Vaulted the Rapid-Fire SMG.
- Update v15.50: Un-vaulted the Rapid-Fire SMG. It is now obtained like regular weapons, rather than needing a sidegrade, or dropped from Henchmen.
- Update v16.00: Vaulted all rarities of the Rapid-Fire SMG.
- The Rapid Fire SMG has a near identical model to the Burst SMG, the only difference is the Rapid Fire SMG is black, not white.
- The weapon is based off of the American KRISS Vector Submachine gun.
- The Rapid Fire SMG is the only weapon which could be sidegraded to two different weapons, as the distinction between the Compact and Regular Submachine Gun was complicated, allowing the rapid fire to be sidegraded to both.
- Furthermore, it is the only weapon which had a non-reversible sidegrade, as the Compact SMG could not be obtained from sidegrading a Rapid Fire SMG, but vice versa worked.
- You can obtain the Legendary Rapid Fire SMG in Fortnite: Creative by holding a Rare variant of the weapon and using a Midas Flopper.