- — In-Game Description
The Recon Scanner is a two round grenade launcher that shoots a Scanning projectile. This projectile marks all Containers and Opponents (Including Animals). The field stays active for 15 seconds, before disappearing. The Projectile blinks red for a few seconds before the field dissipates. The projectiles also do very low player and structure damage.
The Recon Scanner deals 5 damage per shot and uses Scanner Ammo. However, this ammo is not a pickup, and it instead recharges ammo, storing up to 2 at a time. The Recon Scanner has a headshot multiplier of 1.2x.
|Fire Rate: 3|
|Magazine Size: 2|
The Recon Scanner is a Slow Moving Projectile Weapon. There is no damage falloff on the Recon Scanner's projectiles.
|Rarity||Chest||Rare Chest||IO Chest||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Crafting|
The Recon Scanner is also obtained by eliminating Doctor Slone.
- The Recon Scanner can be used as a weapon, although it is largely pointless. The weapon deals 5 damage, giving it almost the lowest DPS in the game.
- Combining this with the Rail Gun's ability to shoot through structures allow you to easily attack your opponent behind a structure.
- Update v17.00: Added the Recon Scanner in Rare rarity. Can be obtained in IO Chests and by eliminating Doctor Slone.
- Update v17.10: Increased the recharge time for the Recon Scanner, as well as how long the projectiles are active.
- Also added an internal ammo type to the weapon: Scanner Ammo.
- Ammo Boxes will now be marked with a circle if scanned.
- Update v18.00: The Recon Scanner can only be found in IO chests and as a drop from Doctor Slone.
- Prior to Update v17.10, Recon Scanner’s ammo was displayed as Rocket Ammo, despite the Recon Scanner actually not using it.
- Despite the model holding 8 rounds at once, the Recon Scanner can only fire two shots before needing to go on cooldown. It also never needs to reload the shots in the weapon.
- The Recon Scanner cannot mark a player who is using an Inflate-a-Bull.
- Recon Scanner has a small screen showing the number of opponents scanned. If it hits 100, the number rolls over to zero.
- Recon Scanner bolts act as physical objects, which means they can be destroyed or abducted with a Saucer.
- Opponents’ Recon Scanner bolts will glow red.
- The Recon Scanner will mark opened containers. This is likely a bug, as it was not included with the item's launch.