- — In-Game Description
The Recycler sucks in environmental structures. When a structure breaks, it gains Ammunition and the materials are deposited in your inventory. When you shoot, it shoots out the materials you harvested into a single projectile which has bullet-drop. It has a somewhat medium-sized radius. Player built structures do get damaged but do not give you junk. Using the suction feature deals one damage at an unknown rate but this is not advised.
Upgrading and Crafting
The Recycler cannot be crafted. It can be upgraded from Rare to Epic and from Epic to Legendary.
Recyclers range from dealing 75 Damage per shot to 83 Damage per shot (75 - 83 damage per second). All Recyclers use Junk. The Recycler does not have a headshot multiplier. The Mythic version of the Recycler, obtained by defeating the Spire Assassin, deals 3 more damage than the Legendary rarity.
|DPS: 75||DPS: 79||DPS: 83|
|Damage: 75||Damage: 79||Damage: 83|
|Fire Rate: 1||Fire Rate: 1||Fire Rate: 1|
|Magazine Size: 3||Magazine Size: 3||Magazine Size: 3|
|Reload Time: 2.0s||Reload Time: 2.0s||Reload Time: 2.0s|
|Structure Damage: 50||Structure Damage: x||Structure Damage: x|
The Recycler shoots projectiles with bullet drop. It does not have Hitscan or FSA due to it being an explosive.
|Pullout||Rare, Epic and Legendary||File:Recycler Pullout - FX - Fortnite.wav|
|Shooting||File:Recycler Shooting - FX - Fortnite.wav|
|Reload||File:Recycler Reload - FX - Fortnite.wav|
- You can weaken an object with your Harvesting Tool and use the Recycler to break it due to how much slower it harvests materials, with the added benefit of also farming materials.
- The splash damage on this weapon can allow you to damage players around walls.
- Update v16.10 Hotfix #1 (April 6th, 2021): Added The Recycler in Rare, Epic and Legendary along with the Junk Ammo.
- Update v16.20
- A Mythic rarity of the Recycler - Spire Assassin's Recycler - has been added.
- The weapon's name and function is similar to the Junk Jet in Fallout 4, which is a weapon which loads pieces of junk into it, to fire at enemies and deal damage to them.
- The weapon was in the game as of Earth Day 2021, like reduce, reuse, and recycle.