Remote Explosives are thrown and will stick to a surface or vehicle. Unlike other throwable items, the effects of the remote explosive are manual, and will only be triggered by player control.
The player uses the attack button to throw the explosive, and the aim button to detonate. Each explosive detonates one after the other with a short delay. The maximum amount of explosives that can be placed by one player, is 30, which requires 5 full stacks of 6 to achieve.
Remote Explosives deal 60 damage.
|Structure Damage: 800|
|Max Stack: 6|
- Remote Explosives can be used to 'trap' a vehicle such as a Choppa. Doing so can be achieved by lining the vehicle with explosives, and detonating it as a player (or players) use it.
- Remote Explosives can hurt the player who detonated them, so be careful when using it.
- Remote Explosives are detonated when shot, by both yourself and opponents. This can be used against an enemy to prematurely detonate their trap.
- Update v3.30: Added Remote Explosives in Rare. They drop in stacks of 4, up to 10.
- Update v4.20: Remote Explosives:
- They will now damage all structures within range, whether or not they are visible from the explosion center.
- Damage radius and throw distance have been increased.
- Delay between sequential explosions has been reduced from 0.25 seconds to 0.175 seconds.
- Delay before detonating a charge or throwing another one has been reduced from 0.75 seconds to 0.15 seconds.
- Update v4.30: Remote Explosives structure explosion radius increased from 400 to 600.
- Update v5.10 (Remote Explosive Updates): Damage radius changed to 520 units for both players and structures (600 and 400 previously for each).
- Update v5.20: Remote Explosives:
- Drop count reduced from 4 to 3.
- Max stack size reduced from 10 to 6.
- Update v5.40: Remote Explosives increased from Rare to Epic.
- Update v12.00: Unvaulted Remote Explosives. Player damage reduced from 70 to 60.
- Update v12.20: Remote Explosives explosion delay between each detonation increased from 0.3s to 0.5s.
- Remote Explosives appear prominently in The Last Laugh Bundle trailer, despite being Vaulted at the time of the set's release.