Rift Fish are caught usually in Fishing Holes, but they can be caught in calm waters too at lower chances.
The maximum size of Rift Fish can be 105 cm, the minimum being 55 cm.
|Volcanic Rift Fish||Mountainous Areas Only|
|Butterfly Rift Fish||Anywhere|
|Black Spotted Rift Fish||Night Only|
|Sandstorm Rift Fish||Coastal Areas Only
|Galactic Rift Fish||Anywhere
Rift Fish can be thrown by holding the Aim button and using the projectile arc to guide them. Once landed, it will ping its location to squad-mates.
Rift Fish can only be found by Fishing.
Rift Fish heal 15 HP. They take 1 second to consume.
|Healing: 15 HP|
|Max Stack: 2|
|Time to Use: 1s|
- Rift Fish are incredibly useful for escaping a fight or to travel across the map quickly, usually to escape the storm.
- If you are W-Keying and willing to fight, eat a Thermal Fish first, then a Rift Fish so you can spot players around the map.
- If you quickly use the rift fish but switch to another item fast enough, the rift sound will be heard, but the rift will not appear or affect players. This can be useful to trick an opponent into thinking that you have rifted.
- Update v15.00: Rift Fish introduced in Epic rarity and to the Fishing Collection Book. They come in 5 versions:
- Update v16.00: Vaulted the Zero Point Fish.
- When picked up and dropped / thrown, all Rift Fish become Butterfly Rift Fish, as well the Butterfly Rift Fish being the icon for all Rift Fish.
- The Galactic Rift Fish uses the same color scheme as Galaxy, and related outfits.
- As of Update v15.21, Rift Fish has been vaulted in Arena and Competitive game modes.
- If you were in the air, you could not activate the Rift Fish.