- — Epic Games
The Rift Tour - Pick Your Tour Date
Ensuring that fans around the world can catch the Rift Tour, the experience spans five showtimes over three days. We recommend fans arrive in Fortnite 60 minutes before showtime, and the Rift Tour Playlist should be live 30 minutes before each show. Before Ariana’s arrival, the Rift Tour kicks off with Fortnite-themed experiences -- pairing popular tracks with moments based on elements from the game.
|Friday, August 6 @ 6PM ET||The Americas|
|Saturday, August 7 @ 2PM ET||Global|
|Sunday, August 8 @ 12AM ET||Asia + Oceania|
|Sunday, August 8 @ 10AM ET||Europe + Middle East|
|Sunday, August 8 @ 6PM ET||The Americas|
The Rift Tour is better if you travel side by side with your friends! Visit RiftTour.com for more details on the Rift Tour schedule, or use the in-game Rift Tour tab. The Rift Tour tab allows you and your friends to schedule the showtimes you plan to attend, as well as keep up-to-speed on the latest Rift Tour Quests.
Complete In-Game Quests
Ahead of the show, you still have time to unlock rewards for the first wave of Rift Tour Quests. Hop into the game, check out the Quests in the Rift Tour tab between July 29 and August 8, and target ready to unlock rewards.
Additionally, everyone who attends the Rift Tour will receive the Cuddly Cloudcruiser commemorative Umbrella.
Post-Rift Tour Quests
Complete the new #RiftTour quests to earn the Chrome Cloudcruiser Umbrella, XOXO Emote, and Rift Bubbles Spray.
Fortnite Crew Bonus Rewards
Also, a Fortnite Crew benefit during the Rift Tour, active subscribers logged in anytime from August 5 at 10 AM ET to August 9 at 10 AM ET will receive the Rainbow Cloudcruiser Umbrella, the Skye up High Loading Screen, and a Rift Tour-themed Banner.
Tips For the Event
- Download the Latest Update: Ahead of the Rift Tour’s first show on August 6, make sure you’ve downloaded the v17.30 game update. Give yourself time to download the game so you’re ready to go before the show.
- Get in the Game Early! We recommend loading up Fortnite 60 minutes before your selected showtime. You can expect the Rift Tour Playlist to go live 30 minutes ahead of each show. Note: Our goal is to accommodate everyone possible, but if capacity is reached, please join us for one of the other shows.
- Encore Shows! The Rift Tour dates are NOT region locked, but we’ve selected times to make sure everyone has a chance to attend.
The Rift Tour consists of several phases where the player rides, floats, runs, and goes through several rifts and areas while hearing music as performed by Ariana Grande. The event starts on an Abductor that is actually above the Party abductor. Once it begins the player is sucked into a Rift Door and the Rift Tour begins.
- The player first travels through a space-like tunnel officially named the Memory Tunnel, with bubbles depicting past Fortnite Events and Occurences relevant to the story. They come to the end to find their own Outfit reaching out to them. Then, Phase 1 begins, and the player is transported to a gooey slide in a giant paint world. After a moment, giant Bendie and Twistie outfits dance around you and other players. You can pick up golden Wraps by riding over them, they change the goo color to the theme of the wrap. The player then runs into a wall of pink goo, transitioning into Phase 2.
- Phase 2 begins with the player descending on the Cuddly Cloud Cruiser umbrella, until they land and bounce on the fluffy surface. After a moment of doing this, with the option to do tricks in the air, a giant Cuddle Team Leader emerges from beyond the clouds.
- The scenery then fades to black, leaving only the player visible, as an X-4 Stormwing comes flying at them, picking them up as it flies off screen. Music begins as Phase 3 starts, as the blackness fades out and a sequence involving four of the players involved in the event being on the wings of a stormwing piloted by Blaze. All four players are shooting a reincarnation of the Storm King, and can gain points by shooting the crystals on its body, nearby crystals around the map, and scattered Emoting Cube Monsters. At the end of the sequence, a scoreboard showing the names of yourself and the three other players you were with comes up, depicting the names in order of how many points you all gained in that part, highest-to-lowest, top-to-bottom.
- The phase ends as the Storm King unleashes one final attack in a golden beam that sets the Stormwing ablaze. As the Storm King retreats from being defeated, the plane explodes and the players fall into the hole from whence it came. Phase 4 begins cinematically, with the noise of being downed faintly playing on a black screen. As it fades, the player can be seen downed, and being picked up by none other than Drift, with a small glowing light emerging from when your hands met as he pulled you up. The scene plays out with the camera panning back to show dozens and dozens of people doing the same to one another. The music in the background helps transition the scene as the camera pans towards the sky, and all the lights given off have created stars, to which Ariana Grande descends from, in a comet-like manner. She lands on a blue sphere and gives the player a glowing light, turning them golden, and pulling them closer. Suddenly the scene transitions to a sunset with Ariana dancing and singing with players surrounding her above water. Gooey pink bubbles rise up, and after a little bit of this, every player gets put inside a bubble.
- Phase 5 starts with everyone in a bubble surrounding Ariana - also in a bubble, with only her silhouette showing. Soon after this, Ariana's bubble turns white, and shakes until it explodes, revealing Ariana in her Rift Goddess form. A flying sequence ensues, with the players in bubbles following a flying Ariana throughout a gooey colorful wonderland. After a little while of this, Ariana blows the players a kiss, and the bubbled pop.
- When the players fall, they land on Floaticorns, which carry them through Phase 6. The player flies with others through clouds, rainbows, and Llama Rainbows. Giant Ariana Grande swings in the clouds on the horizon during this part. Some clouds soon begin to take on very minimalistic features of typically-cute animals, such as bunnies or kitties. Suddenly, a Rift opens up, with the player flying right into it.
- After the rapid fade to white, players appear in a landscape made of white columns and stairs, still in the sky. Giant Ariana holds her 7 Rings Smasher as Phase 7 kicks off. Rift Doors emerge and open as Ariana walks up stairs. Sometimes, though, she will appear to be walking sideways "up" stairs, and other times adhere to "normal" "gravity". When she walks up the last steps, and the stairs she stands on will move up on its own to connect with steps above her, and a final Rift Door will open to lead players to be on platforms either side of her. Ariana walks up a final set of steps, turns around, and throws her Smasher into the sky, opening up a Rift to the stars that pulls players into it.
- Music changes immediately upon the opening of the Rift, and once players are sucked in, they come across Ariana on a small shattered platform of "Rift-glass", similar in appeareance to the Convergence glider, which is the beginning of Phase 8. Players bounce around an environment reminiscent to that of The In-Between, while the starry sky looks like that of The Aurora Lights. With each prominent beat in the music, a massive shimmering explosion emerges from the hole in the "ground", where an even larger Ariana slowly rises to meet with her 7 Rings Smasher. Each beat-explosion brings smaller Arianas flying out in full Rift Goddess attire, soaring about as players bounce and do tricks. After a small amount of time, the largest Ariana reaches her Smasher, grabs it, and smashes the ground into countless shards.
- The player is thrown up, and Ariana becomes a brilliant ball of light in a brief Phase 9. A final large Rift Door opens below the player, sucking in everything as the screen fades to white. All players in the event are left back near the Party UFO on Floaticorns, and may collect Llama Rainbows for a period of time, each giving 200 when gone through, until they are kicked from the match.
When the player first travels through the Memory Tunnel, bubbles depicting past Fortnite Events and Occurences relevant to the story are shown as memories. These are attempts by The Kymera/The Last Reality to scan Loopers' brains to learn more about The Island, its past, and The Zero Point.
The full pictures of the memories can be observed in the gallery below.
Phases (Epic Games)
Phases (Player Perspective)
|Rift Door Shatter|
- Juice WRLD - Come & Go ft. Marshmello
- LSD - Audio ft. Sia, Diplo, Labrinth
- Wolfmother - Victorious
- Ariana Grande - raindrops (an angel cried)
- Ariana Grande - 7 rings
- Ariana Grande - Be Alright
- Ariana Grande - R.E.M.
- Ariana Grande - The Way ft. Mac Miller
- Ariana Grande - positions
- This is the Third Concert Live Event in the game, with an Icon Series Outfit for a celebrity, the other two are Travis Scott's Astronomical and Showtime.
- It is the 1st Live Event to use the new Next-Gen Graphics on PC.
- The memory including The Cube showcased in the Memory Tunnel was taken in the Apollo map (specifically inside the coordinate G2 close to FN Radio), teasing then upcoming Operation: Sky Fire, where The Cube played an important role at the end of the Live Event, and the thematic of Chapter 2: Season 8 which revolves around The Cube.
- While fighting the Storm King, players were given Legendary Beat Blasters which looked identical to Tactical Assault Rifles. Its in-game description is “Assault Rifle: Boombox. A higher than average impact assault rifle that fires two bursts at a steady rate and pierces enemies.”
- During Phase 4: Drift, Beach Bomber, Rust Lord, Midas, Marigold, Skye, Meowscles, Ocean, Turk vs Riptide, Remedy vs Toxin, Cuddle Team Leader, Tarana, Beef Boss, Tomatohead, Jonesy The First, Fishstick, Doggo, Recruit Ramirez, Summer Fable, Fable, Dire, Fade and Centurion can be seen in the crowd.
- The part where Ariane Grande is walking up the stairs is likely based off of the lithograph Relativity by M.C. Escher.
- If you waited long enough in the Aftermath of the Event, it was possible to actually get booted from the server.
- It was possible to complete any Quests that made players go to specific locations in the same match, in the Aftermath of the event while riding on Floaticorns.