Risky Reels is a Landmark in Fortnite: Battle Royale. It is located inside the coordinates E3 and E4. It is usually a safe place to land after jumping out of the Battle Bus, as it is normally scarcely populated. It contains an average amount of loot.
- Update v4.00: Risky Reels added to the map.
- Risky Reels featured a small crater (similar to the one at Dusty Divot, but not as large) in the center of the area surrounded by trucks. It had a similar 'Movie' theme to Moisty Mire and offered small huts and houses on the outskirts of the area. It was noteable for the giant cinema screen located at the front of the location, as this was where the cinematic 'Season 4 Trailer' was filmed.
- Update v5.10: The screen has been fixed and now displays the winning entry of the Fortnite Blockbuster Contest, "Prepare For Collision". Posters of the movie can be found in the area and the marquee board displays the title of the movie.
- In addition, you can also make out "The Misadventures Of Lock and Salem" and "The Incredible Izzie".
- Update 6.30 Content Update: Wreck It Ralph would sometimes appear on the movie screen for a few seconds. This was added to tie-in to the release of Wreck It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks The Internet.
- Update v8.00: The Block relocated to the northwest part of the map and the drive-in marquee was removed with the addition of the jungle biome, leaving no evidence Risky Reels ever existed.
- Update v10.00: A miniature version of Risky Reels was located in Sunny Steps
- The miniature version of the screen was sucked into the Black Hole during The End Event.
- Update v11.00: Risky Reels was added back as an landmark. It is very similar to its last appearance on the old map.
- Update V11.11: A Bouncing Llama has appeared on the screen, and a timer is going up. 2 hours later, the screen went blank.
- Update v11.20
- December 5th: The cars in Risky Reels have been moved and trucks have started to enter Risky Reels.
- December 6th: The cars in Risky Reels are now on one of the trucks and the trucks have now entered Risky Reels, there is also a truck carrying excavators entering the location.
- December 7th: Multiple posters have appeared around Risky Reels, having the same information as the Risky Reels movie screen of Star Wars.
- December 9th: Vans and trucks have been moved to the side, the hay and chairs in the area was put inside a truck, and two circles of cones were placed in the middle of the area, an excavator being placed in one, suggesting that digging will start in the circle. The cars are no longer there.
- Update v11.30:
- A 2 day countdown has appeared at Risky and the movie screen is gone. Counting down till the Star Wars event.
- The Live At Risky Event takes place.
- All posters about the Star Wars event have been taken down.
- Risky Reels has been reverted to its original Chapter 2 state.
- Update v12.30: An in-game event called "Now Playing!" was featured in Risky Reels as part of the Fortnite x Quibi Collaboration. This mode was quickly removed, however. It screened the first episodes of Punk'd's reboot and The Sauce.
- Update v12.50: Risky Reels is now a Named Location again.
- Update v13.00: Risky Reels has flooded. The movie screen has been damaged, and some cars have begun floating in the water. The only accessible part of Risky Reels is the top of the movie screen. Risky Reels is once again a landmark instead of a named location.
- Update v13.20
- July 1st: The water dropped slightly, revealing small parts of Risky Reels.
- July 11th: The water level lowered further, revealing the rest of Risky Reels. Some cars have randomly turned gold.
- Update v13.30: Most of the cars at Risky Reels have disappeared due to the No Sweat Insurance coverage, leaving it mostly empty.
- Update v14.00
- Risky Reels has now been cleaned up and is no longer cluttered with flipped over objects. Drive-able cars can also be found here. The two golden cars have also been removed.
- Tony Stark has set up Rift Beacons in Risky Reels
- September 6th: The Stark Beacons have been activated.
- Update v14.10: Due to the addition of the Stark Industries location, Risky Reels has suffered minor flooding due to the river leading down to the landmark.
- Update v15.00: Most of Risky Reels was covered in sand from The Zero Point.
- IO Guards can spawn here.
- Update v16.00: Risky Reels no longer has sand covering it. Cobb can also be found here as a character.
- Player's now have a very rare chance to be abducted by an unseen spaceship, being a teaser for Chapter 2: Season 7, with the season having an alien theme.
- Risky Reels was a named location in Chapter 1, in Chapter 2: Season 1, it returned on the Chapter 2 map as a landmark, then became a named location once again in Chapter 2: Season 2 and went back to being a landmark in Chapter 2: Season 3 due to it being flooded.
- Risky Reels is one of the Chapter 1 locations to return on the Chapter 2 map along with Pleasant Park, Retail Row and Salty Springs.
- When Risky Reels was uncovered in Week 5, there are 2 cars that are golden that Midas could have touched.