For the article on The Chapter 2 Season, please see Chapter 2: Season 3 Season 3 of Fortnite: Battle Royale started on February 22nd, 2018, and ended on April 30th, 2018. You can find a full list of all cosmetics added in this season here.
Little map changes happened in Season 3, with the only new area added being Lucky Landing.
- 1 The Fortnite Storyline Begins
- 2 Features and Changes
- 2.1 Update v3.00 (February 20th, 2018)
- 2.2 Update v3.10 (February 27th, 2018)
- 2.3 Update v3.20 (March 7th, 2018)
- 2.4 Update v3.30 (March 14th, 2018)
- 2.5 Update v3.31 (March 22nd, 2018)
- 2.6 Update v3.40 (March 29th, 2018)
- 2.7 Content Update v3.40 (April 4th, 2018)
- 2.8 Update v3.50 (April 11th, 2018)
- 2.9 Content Update v3.5 (April 18th, 2018)
- 2.10 Update v3.60 (April 24th, 2018)
- 3 Battle Pass
- 4 Battle Pass Tiers
- 5 Free Tiers
- 6 Achievement Rewards
- 7 Videos
The Fortnite Storyline Begins
The storyline began in this season, with players spotting a bright, blue object (later revealed to be a meteor) in the sky. Many players speculated that the meteor would hit and destroy Tilted Towers because all the telescopes around the map were pointing at Tilted Towers.
The game's user base increased around this season as Fortnite: Battle Royale was introduced to the iOS community.
Features and Changes
At the end of this season, non-downloadable updates released every other week referred to as 'Content Updates' were introduced so Epic Games had more time to fix the more complex bugs. The first Content Update was released in April 4th, 2018.
Update v3.00 (February 20th, 2018)
Update v3.10 (February 27th, 2018)
Update v3.20 (March 7th, 2018)
- Teams Of 20 Limited Time Mode
Update v3.30 (March 14th, 2018)
Update v3.31 (March 22nd, 2018)
Update v3.40 (March 29th, 2018)
Content Update v3.40 (April 4th, 2018)
Update v3.50 (April 11th, 2018)
Content Update v3.5 (April 18th, 2018)
Update v3.60 (April 24th, 2018)
Battle Pass Tiers
|Take The L
|200 IQ Play
|Trusty No. 2
Tier 100 Challenge