Sniper Rifle: Semi-Automatic. A mid to long range rifle that deals good damage and can be fired quickly. Scoped for additional down sights accuracy.
- — In-Game Description
The Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle is a slow firing, fully-automatic, weapon equipped with a medium sized Scope. Firing the weapon from the hip is very inaccurate, by also having no indication on which direction the bullet will go. Unlike other Sniper Rifles it has multiple bullets in its magazine, allowing for repeated fire.
|Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle||Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle|
|DPS: 90||DPS: 93.6|
|Damage: 75||Damage: 78|
|Magazine Size: 10||Magazine Size: 10|
|Fire Rate: 1.2||Fire Rate: 1.2|
|Reload Time: 2.5s||Reload Time: 2.3s|
The Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle is a Fast Moving Projectile weapon. As it uses a scope, the fired bullet will always shoot from the center of the crosshair. There is no damage falloff on the Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle's projectiles.
|Pullout||Uncommon and Rare|
From when the weapon was last available in Season 9:
- The Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle can be fired several times before reloading, and so the player can afford to be less accurate when firing in order to add constant pressure to an enemy, when playing in team based Gamemodes.
- However, because the weapon uses 10 bullets per mag, and you can only carry a maximum of 50 heavy bullets, try to minimise your ammo consumption.
- As the scope does not zoom in as far as other sniper rifles do, the Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle is better to use at mid range, as it can hit decent damage multiple times before reloading.
- Although you can still use it al long ranges because of its faster bullet velocity and more linear projectile than most bolt-action rifles.
- Try to hit headshots, as it has an 2.5x damage multiplier. Headshots deals the same damage as the Heavy Sniper Rifle, Hunting Rifle and Hunter Bolt-Action Sniper, which, in comparison, they deal more body damage than the Semi-Auto.
- Update v1.6: Added the Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle in Epic and Legendary Rarities.
- Update v1.7.1: Increased damage from 42/44 to 63/66.
- Update v5.00: Increased the Damage of both Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle rarities by 12.
- Update v5.40: Lowered the Rarities of the Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle to Uncommon and Rare, stats remain the same.
- Update v6.21: Vaulted the Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle in both rarities.
- Update v9.10: Unvaulted the Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle in both rarities.
- Update v10.00: Vaulted the Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle in both rarities.
- Content Update v19.20: Changed the scope crosshair to that of the Hunter Bolt-Action Sniper. The weapon still remains vaulted.
- Despite being named the Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle, the weapon actually fires fully automatically, albeit with a slow fire rate.
- This is probably an overshadowed thing due to it being a really old item. If brought back, it would likely be fixed,
- The Epic and Legendary variant of this weapon was available in the Spy Games LTM, with an increased fire rate and damage.
- The Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle is the longest vaulted Sniper Rifle.