Shotguns fill the role of a short range weapon and are often used for up close engagements, due to their high damage per shot. Shotguns uniquely fire a spread of pellets rather than a single shot. Swapping between two shotguns after firing results in a small cooldown to prevent the player dealing too much damage per second. Shotguns are very weak at longer ranges and oftentimes cannot even hit a player at medium range.
List of Weaponry
- Many Shotguns load one shell at a time. This means that if you are careful, you can interrupt your reload in order to shoot at an opponent if you are unable to complete a full reload. Some shotguns load multiple shells at once, such as the Combat Shotgun, meaning the same is applicable but with two shots.
- The Combat Shotgun is more of a medium ranged weapon than a close ranged one, meaning it should be handled differently to the other shotguns.
- Though cross-hairs show where the spread will hit, players should still rely on the center of the reticle when aiming, otherwise they risk only getting a partial shot in, thus dealing out sometimes much lower damage.
- In season prior to Season 5, shotguns, especially the Pump Shotgun, could be swapped quickly without needing to 'pump' the weapon. This allowed for much higher than intended damage per second outputs, and so a delay was added between swapping guns and firing.
- However, The Dub can still be swapped with another shotgun without having delay, this could be because it is Exotic.