Slurpy Swamp was a Named Location in Fortnite: Battle Royale added in Chapter 2: Season 1 to the island Apollo. Slurpy Swamp is located inside the coordinates C6 and C7, south of Weeping Woods, northwest of Misty Meadows, and southeast of Holly Hatchery.
It is a large flooded swamp with many pools of slurp water that can be stood in to get health and shields, along with a giant Slurp Juice Factory, with smaller buildings around it, and several roads leading to the POI. The location also consists of dilapidated houses similar in build to that of Shanty Town, and are part of the Swamp, as confirmed by a quest from Big Chuggus. Currently, most of the buildings are in a constant low gravity mode, and are floating similar to the Floating Island of Chapter 1. This is because The Mothership appears to be gradually abducting the location, and has started pulling Slurpy Swamp from the ground.
- Update v11.00: Slurpy Swamp was added to the map.
- Update v11.10:
- October 29th, 2019 : Halloween decorations have been added to Slurpy Swamp for the Fortnitemares event.
- November 5th 2019: The Halloween decorations have been removed from the location.
- Update v11.21
- December 7th 2019: Multiple posters have appeared around Slurpy Swamp, having the same information as the Risky Reels movie screen on Star Wars.
- Update v11.30:
- December 15th 2019: All posters about the Star Wars Event have been taken down.
- Update v11.31
- December 25th 2019: The location has been covered in snow.
- Update v11.31 Content Update 3
- January 7th, 2020: The snow has melted from Slurpy Swamp.
- Update v12.00: Several GHOST and SHADOW mailboxes, along with GHOST's recruitment posters, have appeared around Slurpy Swamp.
- Update v12.40
- April 17th 2020: Multiple posters have appeared around Slurpy Swamp relating to music, a planet, and Sweaty Sands.
- Update v12.41: The Astronomical Event posters hung around Slurpy Swamp have been updated, showing the time and dates of said event.
- Update v12.50: All posters about the Travis Scott’s Astronomical Event have been taken down.
- Update v13.00: Slurpy Swamp was flooded, making it inaccessible, and no longer a named location. However, 1 solitary accessible Chest remained at the top part of the factory that was poking out over the water. All mailboxes and posters pertaining to any Faction have been reverted to their original design and have been removed, respectively.
- Update v13.20:
- July 1st 2020: Rickety Rig passed over where Slurpy Swamp would normally be.
- July 11th 2020: With the water receding, the tops of more buildings in Slurpy Swamp are now visible.
- July 18th 2020: The water level has receded again, and once again more buildings are now accessible and lootable. 3 chests have appeared out of the water to loot for a total of 4 chests available at the time.
- Update v13.30
- July 24th 2020 - The water has receded once more, and all of the buildings and factories in the location can now be entered. However, the insides of them are still flooded. 3 additional chests are now accessible once more, leading to the total number of chests in Slurpy Swamp at the time being 7. The Reboot Van has also returned and is now usable once again.
- July 27th 2020: The water has receded and the Slurp Inc. Factory is completely unflooded and fully lootable once again. Despite it becoming a named location again, the slurp water and pollution pipes near Slurpy Swamp are still underwater.
- August 1st 2020: Water Levels decrease for the last time, allowing the rest of the swamp to be available. Slurpy Swamp is now completely unflooded. Many objects and parts of the location are strewn about and covered with seaweed, and still looks as though it was previously flooded.
- Update v14.00: Slurpy Swamp has been completely reverted back to normal. Any and all parts of the location that were destroyed, misplaced, or covered with seaweed have been reverted to their original forms.
- Update v14.20:
- September 26th - Birthday Decorations were added to Slurpy Swamp in celebration of Fortnite: Battle Royale's Third Birthday.
- October 1st - The Birthday Decorations were removed.
- Update v14.21: Slurpy Swamp is now a potential Spawn Point for Wolverine.
- Update v14.40: The cyborg gnome has appeared at the location in an attempt to mix a substance into the Slurp vats, turning them green for a one of the walls of the building was broken. After cleansing them, he rockets off out of a broken wall when approached.
- Update v14.50: The Hole at Slurpy Swamp has been patched up, and a small memorial has been set up near Slurpy Swamp for the cyborg gnome.
- Update v15.00: Added Big Chuggus as a character has a chance to spawn at Slurpy Swamp. Removed Wolverine Boss.
- Update v15.40
- Update v16.00: Added Slurp Jonesy as a character to always at Slurpy Swamp, whereas Big Chuggus was moved to only spawn at Shanty Town.
- Update v17.00 Added Swamp Stalker as a character to always spawn near the location, between Slurpy Swamp and the nearby IO base; Slurp Jonesy as a character has been removed.
- Update v17.21
- Update v17.30:The Mothership has begun abducting the location, breaking it apart and lifting it into the air. The Factory, a few chunks of land, and a warehouse are now suspended in the air by the Mothership Tractor Beam. Henchmen Duo also now spawn here to Observe, observing the abduction.
- August 5th 2021: The chunks have risen higher.
- August 8th 2021: The Factory has rotated.
- Content Update v17.30: Part of the Factory and several other buildings have been abducted into The Mothership. The Tractor Beam has disappeared and so the low-gravity effect is gone.
- Update v17.40: Henchmen Duo no longer spawn here.
- Update v17.50: The pools of slurp water disappear, Slurpy Swamp is now named Sludgy Swamp
|Search Chests at Slurpy Swamp or Retail Row (7)||Forged In Slurp Missions||54,000|
|Land at Frenzy Farm, Slurpy Swamp, and Sweaty Sands (3)||Hunter And The Hunted Missions||54,000|
|Enter a Slurp vat while wearing the Rippley outfit (1)||Alter Ego (Challenges)|
|Destroy SLURP Barrels, SLURP Trucks, or SLURP Silos (10)||Rippley Vs Sludge (Overtime Challenges)||52,000|
|Visit Lazy Lake and Slurpy Swamp in the same match while riding in a Motorboat (1)||Rippley Vs Sludge (Overtime Challenges)||52,000|
|Search Chests at Pleasant Park or Slurpy Swamp (10)||TNTina's Trial||40,000|
|Catch fish at Slurpy Swamp (130)||Location Domination||90,000|
|Gain health or shields from SLURP at Slurpy Swamp (100)||Chapter 2: Season 3 Week 7 Challenges||35,000|
|Search Chests at Slurpy Swamp (7)||Chapter 2: Season 4 Week 4 Challenges||25,000|
|Drive a car from Slurpy Swamp to Catty Corner in less than 4 minutes without getting out (1)||Chapter 2: Season 4 Week 5 Challenges||25,000|
|Eliminations at Slurpy Swamp (3)||Chapter 2: Season 4 Week 9 Challenges||25,000|
|Collect Metal from Slurpy Swamp (200)||Chapter 2: Season 4 Week 10 Challenges||25,000|
- Slurpy Swamp is a great source for gaining Shield and Health, as the factory itself contains Slurp Vats which gradually heals anyone inside. In addition, Slurp Barrels, and Slurp Silos can be found around the location and can be broken for additional Shield/Health. Furthermore, much of the swamp outside gradually heals any player wading through it, in the same fashion to the Slurp Vats. Slurp Trucks can also be found around the location.
- It is theorized that Chaos Agent has control of Slurpy Swamp's Factory, as he was seen in the Slurp Legends trailer.
- In the Bloodsport trailer, Slurpy Swamp could be seen floating when the player enters the no-gravity zone of Holly Hatchery.
- Prefabs for the location are found in Creative, though they are named "Slurp Swamp".
- In the southern edge of the swamp, there is a shack containing a large Slurp Juice tank, a hospital bed, and a coffin, and outside of the house, there is a small graveyard containing two graves. Because of this, it is likely that the Slurp Juice company secretly tests its products on humans, and that the prototypes of the juice have caused the deaths of at least two test subjects. Rippley may have been the only successful subject.
- The water that flows out of the damaged pipes during and after the location's abduction have significantly lower "photo" quality when observed as a still image. However, because this water is always flowing and moving, it is safe to assume that this was done with the idea that no player would ever really notice it outside of Replay Mode.
- Players Used to be able to hide Under the Slurp Coming out of the waste pipes But Later They Patched it where The slurp Animation was lower, Thus rendering hiding abilities No longer possible.