- — In-Game Description
Solos is a game mode in Fortnite: Battle Royale. It was introduced in the Pre-Season, and was the first mode introduced into the game.
Solos is the basis for all of the game modes in Battle Royale. It uses the standard set of rules, meaning there are 100 players who all compete to obtain a Victory Royale. What sets solos apart from other modes, is that the player does not have any other squad members, and thus must fight alone. Due to this, the player does not go into a downed-but-not-out state, but rather is eliminated immediately.
Solos follows the basic rule-set of Battle Royale:
- 100 Players, all of which drop from the Battle Bus.
- Standard Loot Pool.
- Standard Gravity.
- Standard HP rules.
- Respawns are disabled.
- Glider Redeploy is disabled.
- Reboot Vans are Enabled (Albeit non functioning)
- Skill Based Matchmaking is enabled.
- Characters and Bars are enabled.
- Regular Storm Circle intervals.
The differences between solos and other standard modes are:
- Squads are disabled, players are instantly eliminated upon being knocked.
- Teaming with enemy players will get you banned (removed) from the game.
- Solos was the first mode introduced into the game, as such it is considered the default mode for Battle Royale.
- Despite this, it is missing the functions to knock, revive, and shakedown players.