Steamy Stacks is a Named Location in Fortnite: Battle Royale added in Chapter 2: Season 1, located inside the coordinates G2 and H2, east of Craggy Cliffs, and north of Dirty Docks. It is a Cube-powered power plant owned and operated by a company called Kevolution Energy.
There are power lines coming out of this location connecting it to Retail Row, the power lines are actually Ziplines that can be ridden all the way to Retail Row. Each of the buildings in the location are numbered to 5, but for some reason there is no building 1.
After The End event, Steamy Stacks is no longer accessable as in every location in Apollo as it has been flipped over.
- Update v11.00: Steamy Stacks was added to the map.
- Update v11.20: Multiple posters have appeared around Steamy Stacks, having the same information as the Risky Reels movie screen of Star Wars.
- Update v11.30: All posters about the Star Wars event have been taken down.
- Update v11.31: December 25th: Steamy Stacks has been covered in snow.
- Update v11.31.3: The snow melted from Steamy Stacks.
- Update v12.00: Several GHOST and SHADOW mailboxes and SHADOW recruitment posters have appeared around Steamy Stacks.
- Update v12.40: Multiple posters have appeared around Steamy Stacks relating to music, a planet, and Sweaty Sands.
- The Astronomical Event posters hung around Steamy Stacks have been updated soon, showing the time and dates of the Astronomical Event.
- Update v12.50: All posters about the Travis Scott’s Astronomical Event have been taken down.
- Update v13.00: Steamy Stacks has suffered minor flooding.
- Update v13.20: The water level decreased, making the parking lot of Steamy Stacks accessible again. The parking lot suffered minor damage.
- Update v13.40: A secret bunker has been added under Steamy Stacks. This remains inside the location under Building 4 even today, and is a reference to the movie Tenet.
- Update v14.00: Tony Stark has set up Rift Beacons in Steamy Stacks.
- September 6th: The Rift Beacons have been activated.
- Update v14.10: The Stark Beacons have been deactivated when they created a piece of land that replaced Frenzy Farm, Mowdown, Steel Farm, Scenic Spot, and The Orchard.
- Update v15.00:
- Update v15.20: A Zero Point Portal has appeared near Steamy Stacks.
- Update v16.00:
- Update v17.00:
- Update v17.10:
- Operation: Sky fire:
- Near the end of the event, an explosion happened at Steamy Stacks, although nothing came of it.
- Update v18.10: An accident happens at Building 2, causing the Cube to burst out of the building, trailing purple liquid and corruption behind it as it moves.
- Update v18.21: Dark Jonesy can be found here as a Character.
- The Reactor was powered by a Cube until it awoke in Chapter 2: Season 8 and rolled out of Steamy Stacks, destroying part of building 2.
- This makes it the only Cube to exist in Apollo island since the beginning of Chapter 2 until the arrival of more Cubes at the beginning of Chapter 2: Season 8.
- It is possible that Steamy Stacks was created by Pressure Plant during the blackout after the Chapter 1 map was sucked into the black hole during The End event. It is also possible that the Floating Island crashed into Pressure Plant during the blackout as The Cube merged with Pressure Plant creating Steamy Stacks.
- It similar to Pressure Plant from the Chapter 1 map, they both are power plants, and both give you the ability to skydive up into the air.
- During development, Steamy Stacks was originally called Power Plant; according to the leaked POI names from Season X, and to the leaked image of the Chapter 2 island.
- Interestingly, the Steamy Stacks props in Creative Mode are reffered to as "Power Plant" props.
- Kevolution Energy is a reference to the nickname given to the Cube, Kevin.
- After the Cube escaped, the Kevolution Energy sign in building 2 reads "Kev out", a message saying that the Cube (Kevin) has rolled out of Steamy Stacks.
- There was a Zero Point Portal outside, which brought T-800 and Sarah Connor.
- Following the flood in Chapter 2: Season 3, and the water levels returning to normal, much of the island was covered in debris until the beginning of Chapter 2: Season 4. However, one small piece of flood-debris remains at Steamy Stacks to this day, and that is the piece of seaweed hanging by the entrance to the location.