The Storm King is the final boss in Fortnite: Save the World, first interactable in the Fortnite: Battle Royale Quest, and as a Boss in Battle Royale during Fortnitemares 2019. He could also be seen in the Rift Tour event.
Save the World
Players fight the Storm King in Battle Royal. A Power Level of 70 is recommended to fight the Storm King.
Later in Twine Peaks, you fight a second Storm King, even more powerful than the first, having the storm close in on you if you didn't kill the Mini-Bosses. This is known as the Mythic Storm King. This Storm King can give you the first set of Mythic Weapons in Save the World. A Power Level of 128 is needed to fight the Mythic Storm King.
|Ability||Player DMG||Structure DMG||Description|
|∞||The Storm King will randomly choose a player on the map and will channel a blowing beam which will destroy any structures and damage any players in its path.|
|Storm King will summon multiple meteors that will fall across the map damaging nearby structures and players. Starts using it once one horn is broken.|
|The Storm King will throw a giant stone which will deal significant amount of damage to players and structures.|
|∞||The Storm King will perform a destructive shout which will destroy all player structures on the map and deal damage to players.|
|∞||The Storm King slaps players who come close.|
|Killer Shout||∞||∞||If players take too long to destroy the crystals, the Storm King will perform a more powerful shout, instantly knocking players even at full Health, causing a mission Defeat.|
- Spawn Monsters: The Storm King will spawn Husk and Mist Monsters to attack players.
- Summon Mini-Bosses (Mythic only): The Mythic Storm King can summon Mini-Bosses, usually a Smasher.
- Summon The Storm (Mythic only): The Storm King summons a shrinking Storm Circle that damages players in The Storm. Eliminating a Mini-Boss expands the safe zone.
Defeating the Storm King
The Storm King has 4 Crystal spawn points:
- One on his left elbow.
- One on his right elbow.
- One on his chest.
- One on his back.
After the 3 crystals are destroyed, you and your team will need to build towards any horn of the Storm King and pickaxe it. Once one horn is broken, all 4 crystal spawns will regenerate, prompting you to destroy them again. The Crystals will be more harder to destroy because the Storm King will be much more aggressive towards the player and more Monsters will spawn to serve as a distraction.
Once the final Horn is broken, the Storm King will be very vulnerable, and can take damage from anywhere in his body. After defeating the Storm King, the cube that kept him alive will drop into a pool of water and dissolve. The Mission will complete upon the cube completely.
- The most suitable setup would consist of 3 Ninja players and 1 Soldier. (In a 4 player squad)
- You want to have 1 Sniper Rifle, 1 Rocket Launcher, 1 Melee weapon for each time.
- Your primary healing source will be Cozy Campfire.
- Avoid using Wood because of the low hit points value, it will get easily destroyed by the Meteors.
- Communication is crucial to succeed with the battle, make sure you are informing your teammates about the Beam, Mini Boss spawns or the Crystal position.
- You can not self-revive during battle. If all players are downed, the mission will fail.
- Playing with a full team is recommended, but not required (you can play as a single player, but very challenging).
- If you can not find teammates to help fight the Storm King, use Play with Others and select Quest Progression.
- You can do Canny Valley Storm Shield Defense 6 before fighting the Storm King to enable 4-Star evolutions for weapons and survivors, making it easier to fight the Storm King.
In Chapter 2: Season 1, a mode called Storm King was released for Fortnitemares of 2019. In this LTM, you would drop either to a nearby named or unnamed location. The storm would close in quickly, so you had to move fast if you didn't land on the Isle Of The Storm or the middle island. Then, you would have to defeat the Storm King by destroying all of his weak spots. After destroying his weak spots, you have to shoot him in the horns until his health bar is empty. Then you would be rewarded with a couple of battle medals and a new umbrella.
Rift Tour 2021
In Chapter 2: Season 7, the Storm King could be seen in Phase 3 of the Rift Tour event. Players would shoot at a reincarnation of the Storm King, and would gain points by shooting the crystals on its body, nearby crystals around the map, and scattered Emoting Cube Monsters.
|Tempest of the Storm King|
|New Weak Point (1)|
|New Weak Point (2)|
|Weak Point Broke (1)|
|Weak Point Broke (2)|
The Storm King was sent by The Last Reality to invade the Save the World Reality by creating The Storm.
In the Reverse Tinfoil Hats Quest, it is revealed that The Storm King has started to deploy a mind control scheme on Homebase. His plan is foiled shortly after, but the dread on the survivors remained for some time. The Alpha Rift at the end of Canny Valley is finally revealed and a stable Beta Rift is used to enter the other side of the portal: The Storm, where the Storm King is defeated by the Homebase sqauad.
Meanwhile, Desiree stays behind after it is defeated and blows up the portal using a Singularity Pulse Bomb while in the Storm Realm, leading to her sacrifice. The Storm King leaves behind his supposed heart, The Cube as it sinks into the pool in the center of the map.
Later in Twine Peaks, an anomalous energy spike signals the appearance of an another Storm King, even more powerful than the first to be named Mythic Storm King. Just like his Canny Valley counterpart, after his death he left behind an another Cube.
Battle RoyaleDuring Fortnitemares in Chapter 2: Season 1, a Storm King appeared in Eye Land, corrupting the center island. This Storm King was defeated by Loopers, restoring Eye Land in the process. Later during the Rift Tour event in Chapter 2: Season 7, the Loopers fight another Storm King in his own dimension.
- The Storm King was introduced in Update v7.00.
- If you defeated him before January 1st, 2019, Epic Games would send you a free Storm King Pin.
- His horns resemble the The Cube Queen's crown, supporting the connection to The Last Reality.