For the article on the Non Exotic Variants, please see Storm Scout Sniper Rifle
- — In-Game Description
The Storm Scout functions very similar to other Snipers, such as the Bolt-Action or Semi Automatic, with its key difference being its magazine size, and unique feature to locate, and track the next storm circle. When aiming down sights with this weapon, in the bottom left hand corner, there will be a small logo of the map, with the current circle, and the next circle present. This can be used to relocate into the storm circle before other players and make it far less likely for you to die to it. Aside from this, it functions as a regular sniper rifle, having a projectile bullet, as well as excelling at long ranges, and being weak at close ranges.
From when the weapon was last obtainable in Chapter 2: Season 7
|Fire Rate: 0.9|
|Magazine Size: 6|
|Reload Time: 2.7s|
- As the Storm Scout has the unique feature of showing the next storm circle, this can effectively be used to stay inside the storm and move to a preferable position before enemy players do. This way you can catch enemies running from or out of the storm
- Update v15.00: Introduced the Exotic Storm Scout, can be purchased from Lexa, at Hunter's Haven, functioning identically to its Legendary version.
- Update v15.30: Vaulted the Storm Scout Sniper Rifle in Arena playlists.
- Update v15.40 Hotfix #2 (February 24th, 2021): The Storm Scout is now purchased from Mave at Shipwreck Cove.
- Update v16.00: Vaulted the Storm Scout.
- Update v17.00: Unvaulted the Storm Scout, it can be purchased from Riot. It can also be obtained via a Malfunctioning Vending Machine.
- Update v18.00: Vaulted the Storm Scout.
- The weapon is based off of the real world Shadowtrax8, an experimental firearm designed with advanced technology to increase accuracy. It also has a pink storm-inspired paint job.
- Aside from its regular version, the Storm Scout is the only way in the game to track the next location of the storm, before the current storm has stopped moving.
- It was disabled in Competitive Game modes due to players having the upper hand in Endgames.
- The Storm Scout the only Exotic that retains its prior name, although edited to remove the 'Sniper Rifle' suffix. It is also the only one to be untouched from its original version in terms of functionality.