For the article on the the Exotic Variant of the same name, please see Storm Scout
The Storm Scout Sniper Rifle functions very similar to other Snipers, such as the Bolt-Action or Semi Automatic, with its key difference being its magazine size, and unique feature to locate, and track the next storm circle. When aiming down sights with this weapon, in the bottom left hand corner, there will be a small logo of the map, with the current circle, and the next circle present. This can be used to relocate into the storm circle before other players and make it far less likely for you to die to it. Aside from this, it functions as a regular sniper rifle, having a projectile bullet, as well as exceeding at long ranges, and being weak at close ranges.
Storm Scout Sniper Rifles range from dealing 86 Damage per shot to 90 Damage per shot (77.4 - 81 damage per second). All Storm Scout Sniper Rifles use Heavy Bullets. The Storm Scout Sniper Rifle has a headshot multiplier of 2.0x.
|Storm Scout Sniper Rifle||Storm Scout Sniper Rifle|
|DPS: 77.4||DPS: 81|
|Damage: 86||Damage: 90|
|Fire Rate: 0.9||Fire Rate: 0.9|
|Magazine Size: 6||Magazine Size: 6|
|Reload Time: 2.8||Reload Time: 2.7|
|Critic Damage: 172||Critic Damage: 180|
The Storm Scout Sniper Rifle is a Fast Moving Projectile. As it uses a scope, the fired bullet will always shoot from the center of the crosshair. There is no damage falloff on the Storm Scout Sniper Rifle's projectiles.
|Pullout||Epic and Legendary|
From when the weapon was last available in Season X
- As the Storm Scout Sniper Rifle has the unique feature of showing the next storm circle, this can effectively be used to stay inside the storm and move to a preferable position before enemy players do. This way you can catch enemies running from or out of the storm.
- Update v9.41: Storm Scout Sniper Rifle introduced in Epic and Legendary rarities.
- Update v10.20: Vaulted the Storm Scout Sniper Rifle.
- Update v20.00: Base damage increased to 86/90, while the headshot damage multiplier has been decreased to 2.0x. However, its still Vaulted.
- The Storm Scout Sniper Rifle is the product of a mix-up during one of the patches in Season 9. By accident, the Eye Of The Storm Tracker was added to the game and provided the tracking function of the Storm Scout Sniper Rifle, but was an item instead of a weapon. The tracker was promptly removed, and later the Storm Scout Sniper Rifle was added to provide the storm tracking function to the game.
- The weapon is based off of the real world Shadowtrax8, an experimental firearm designed with advanced technology to increase accuracy.
- The weapon was leaked in the Presents item in Creative for around two days, before it was patched. This was before the weapon was properly released.