Squads consist of a Lead Survivor, and up to seven additional Survivors. Each Survivor has a specific F.O.R.T. stat that they boost and an assigned job. They also have individual personalities. Assigning Survivors that match the personality and job of the Lead Survivor increases the group's bonuses. Survivor Squads are broken down into eight smaller groups, each covering specific jobs.
- EMT Squad - Increase health and health regen by 1% per point.
- Fire Team Alpha - Increase ranged and melee weapon damage.
- Gadgeteers - Increase shield and sheid regen.
- Corps of Engineering - Increase trap damage, abiliity damage, gadget damage and healing done.
- Training Team - Increase health and health regen.
- Close Assault Squad - Increase ranged and melee weapon damage.
- Scounting Party - Increase shield and shield regen.
- The Think Tank - Increase trap damage, ability damage, gadget damage, and healing done.