For the article on the the similar location which replaced this one of the same name, please see Believer Beach Sweaty Sands was a Location in Fortnite: Battle Royale. It was introduced in Chapter 2: Season 1 and removed in Chapter 2: Season 7, where it was replaced by Believer Beach.
Sweaty Sands was located in grid areas B3, B4, C3, C4, North of Holly Hedges and directly south of Coral Castle. Sweaty Sands was a beach town, with a large hotel and multiple houses. The location also had a long pier as well.
- Update v11.00: Introduced Sweaty Sands.
- Update v11.10: Decorated the area for Fortnitemares.
- Update v11.11: Removed Fortnitemares Decorations.
- Update v12.00: Added GHOST and SHADOW mailboxes to the area.
- Update v12.41: Added decorations for the Astronomical Event.
- Update v12.50: Removed decorations for the Astronomical Event.
- Update v13.00: Sweaty Sands is now floating on the same coordinates due to the map flooding.
- July 30th, 2020: Water has receded to a normal level.
- Update v14.40: Decorated the area for Fortnitemares.
- Update v14.50: Removed Fortnitemares Decorations.
- Update v16.10: Primal Barrier added at the road leading to Boney Burbs
- Update v16.20: Expanded the garage at Sweaty Sands.
- Update v17.00: Location replaced with Believer Beach.
- The name of the location is a play on words. Sweaty means both the area is hot (hence the beach town), and a community term for a player who tries too hard at the game (A Sweat).
- There were several buried chests at the beach that spawned in the sand. The player had to dig them up with a harvesting tool.
- The location bears many similarities to the Season 5 Location Paradise Palms, as it had a SoFDeeZ ice cream restaurant and a Hotel 23.
- This POI was originally intended to be called "Sunny Shores"