Rest and rejuvenate under the stars with this deluxe tent. This model contains a cross-dimensional persistent item storage that lets you bring items across matches.
- — In-Game Description
The Tent is a unique item which has several functions when placed. The item can be found as a static prop (known as “Abandoned Tent”), or as an item.
Throwing a tent onto a suitable surface will deploy it. Once deployed, the tent has several functions. The player can:
- Rest in the tent - A short animation will play, and the player will clamber inside and heal 5 health per second. This will last until the tent is destroyed. The tent takes 5 Damage per second in The Storm.
- Store Items - Players can store two items of any rarity in the tent for free, and a third item of any rarity for 100 Bars.
- Pack up the tent - Players can pack the tent back up, and change it back into an item. This will heal the tent to full HP.
A player cannot use another player's tent. If the tent owner is eliminated, however, the tent becomes claimable to any player to take it as their own. Players can claim an abandoned tent as their own for free, or pay another player a certain amount of bars to own the tent. Dropping the item and giving it to another player is free.
Tents will heal 5 Health per second to the player inside of it.
|Healing: 5 Health per second.|
|Rarity||Chest||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Fishing (Plain)||Fishing (Hole)||Environmental|
Tents can also be found as static props. These abandoned Tents can be claimed by a player for free. Players can buy existing Tents off other players for bars.
The following items cannot be stored in tents:
|Chug Cannon||Healing Items|
Traps can be stored, however players cannot use the Tent to increase its stack.
- If you are in a position where you find a powerful item, but already have said item in your inventory, you can find a Tent and place the item there. This enables you to gain the item again in another match, allowing for an easier start if you drop where Tents will spawn.
- Tents are a good method of gaining significant Health, as they have essentially infinite healing capabilities. However, this is only the case if they do not end up being destroyed.
- You can store another packed-up Tent inside a Tent.
- You can start the game with a Mythic or Exotic weapon if stashed in a tent, meaning you do not have to kill a boss or spend bars to get said weapons.
- Keep at least one weapon and one healable item in your tent for emergency situations.
- Update v19.00: Introduced the Tent in Rare. Multiple players can enter it at the same time.
- December 6th, 2021:
- Less Tents spawn in one area, but more abandoned Tents will be present in general.
- Removed from Arena.
- December 13th, 2021:
- Tent's damage each second in the storm has been increased: 3 -> 25 damage per tick.
- Only one players can enter a tent at a time.
- Removed Tents from Team Rumble.
- December 6th, 2021:
- Update v19.10: The Following items can no longer be stored in tents:
- Spicy Fish.
- Shield Fish.
- Small Fry.
- Update v21.00: All items stored in Tents are wiped.
- Tents were mistakenly classified as "Explosive Weapon" in-game.
- Prior to Chapter 3: Season 3, it was possible to store items which have been vaulted but are present in the files. Examples of this are Hop Rock Dualies and Pump Shotgun which were vaulted mid-season but are still accessible to those who had stored them in Tents before that change.
- Abandoned Tents will still have player names, but are randomly generated similar to Bots.
- You can place another Tent in a Tent, however this has no purpose and only loses you a tent slot.