Thanos, who originated from the Marvel comics, is a Guest Character in Fortnite. The character is playable through the Infinity Gauntlet Limited Time Mashup event which started on May 8, 2018 only if the player finds and uses the Infinity Gauntlet, which is hidden on the map. Upon using, they will transform into Thanos from Avengers: Infinity War.
- Ability 1 — A mighty punch that knocks enemies back and destroys structures.
- Ability 2 — Thanos flies towards the ground, hitting an area for knockback and damage.
- Ability 3 — Harness the energy of the Power stone to fire a blast that deals damage over time.
- Ability 4 — A super-jump that can vault Thanos over all but the largest obstructions.
- Thanos has both shields and health. When he eliminates another player, his shields regenerate. His health never regenerates.
- Thanos doesn’t take fall damage.
- Thanos does not build, use weapons or things like Launch Pads. He has no need for such petty human devices.
Hotfix May 10, 2018
- Thanos Changes
- Increased Beam from 12 to 20 damage on players.
- Increased Punch damage from 80 to 100.
- Decreased health from 800 to 500.
Hotfix May 8, 2018
- Thanos Shield cap decreased from 300 to 200.
- Thanos Max Health increased from 700 to 800.
- Thanos Laser damage vs. players decreased from 15 to 12.