Thanos, who originated from the Marvel comics and films, is a guest character in Fortnite. The character is playable through the Infinity Gauntlet Limited Time Mashup event which started on May 8, 2018, only if the player finds and uses the Infinity Gauntlet, which is hidden on the map. Upon using, they will transform into Thanos.
He came back in Endgame LTM on April 25, 2019. Thanos and his Chitauri are invading the Fortnite: Battle Royale island, searching for the six Infinity Stones. It was up to the Avengers to collect Avengers: Endgame items scattered throughout the map, and take the fight to him.
Thanos cannot take fall damage, build, or use weapons and interactive items like Launch Pads.
Infinity Gauntlet and Endgame Abilities
- Punch- A mighty punch that knocks enemies back and instantly destroys structures.
- Ground-pound- Thanos flies towards the ground, hitting an area for knockback and damage.
- Laser- Thanos harnesses the energy of the Power Stone to fire a blast that deals damage over time.
- Jump- A super-jump that can vault Thanos incredibly high.
- (Infinity Gauntlet) Thanos has both shields and health. When he eliminates another player, his shields regenerate. His health never regenerates.
Endgame LTM Infinity Stone Abilities
- Reality Stone- Health and Shields doubled (1000 > 2000)
- Soul Stone- Grants shield upon kills
- Mind Stone- Jump height and speed doubled
- Space Stone- Ground Pound Area of Effect tripled, damage increased by x6
- Time Stone- Large knockback added to each punch, damage increased by x3
- Power Stone- Laser damage increased by x6
Hotfix May 10, 2018
- Thanos Changes
- Increased Beam from 12 to 20 damage on players.
- Increased Punch damage from 80 to 100.
- Decreased health from 800 to 500.
Hotfix May 8, 2018
- Thanos Shield cap decreased from 300 to 200.
- Thanos Max Health increased from 700 to 800.
- Thanos Laser damage vs. players decreased from 15 to 12.