Shotgun: Pump-Action. Deals high damage at a moderate fire rate. Short range and limited magazine size.
- — In-Game Description
The Dub functions identically to the Double Barrel Shotgun, except it provides an effect similar to the Flint-Knock Pistol, in that it pushes back the player who fires the weapon, as well as those hit by its shots. The Dub is a weapon with very low range and a very small magazine. The Dub can deal high amounts of damage in very close situations, even closer than that of the Pump Shotgun. Landing all pellets from both its shots can knock a player from full health and shields.
Unlike most other Shotguns, The Dub reloads both shells at once, instead of one at a time.
|Fire Rate: 1.9|
|Magazine Size: 2|
|Reload Time: 2.7s|
|Structure Damage: 90|
The Dub is a hitscan weapon, but fires a spread of 10 pellets when both aiming down sights and hipfiring. Aiming down sights tightens the spread of pellets.
- Damage falloff begins at 3 meters (0.5 tiles).
- Damage steadily decreases down to 80% of its maximum at 5 meters (1 tile).
- Damage decreases down to 55% of its maximum at 10 meters (2 tiles).
- It deals damage until 18 meters (3.5 tiles).
- The Dub should be used at extremely close range, and it is forgiving enough that you can miss your first shot for a follow up one. However, this is more difficult with the weapons knockback ability.
- You can fully knock a player if you land both shots accurately. However, this is more difficult if they fly away on the first shot. Even as a risky play, try building a wall behind them to keep them from going anywhere. This strategy is even more effective in a box fight scenario.
- The Dub can be used for self mobility, such as reaching high ground, or it can be used for offensive mobility, such as knocking a player off a structure, or into the storm.
- If you are battling on a high place and you could fall to your death, you can crouch so the Shotgun doesn’t knock you back.
- Update v16.00: The Dub is now sold by Burnout south of Steamy Stacks.
- Update v16.40: The Dub has been vaulted.
- Update v18.00: Unvaulted The Dub, it can only be bought via a malfunctioning Vending Machine.
- Content Update v18.30: The Dub can now be purchased from Ember.
Chapter 3: Season 2
- Update v20.00: The Dub is now sold by Bunker Jonesy, Jonsey the First, Ludwig, or Mullet Marauder at The Joneses for 500 Bars.
- Like the Double Barrel Shotgun, this weapon is not based upon any particular model of firearm but inspired by Luparas and sawn off Shotguns in general. The Dub has some golden colored engravings across the weapon however, giving it a more antique look, similar to the Flint-Knock Pistol.