The location was the last official base of operations of GHOST on the map, and appeared to have been built from much of the wreckage created following the flood. The entire POI was afloat, and was more of a makeshift base compared to the sleek structure that was the base of GHOST's counterpart, SHADOW - that being The Authority. It was located west of Rickety Rig and eventually Slurpy Swamp.
- Update v13.00: The Fortilla is added to the island following the flood created as the aftermath of The Device. It acts as the new base of operations for GHOST, as The Agency was turned into The Authority by SHADOW.
- Update v13.30
- July 30th - The entire POI itself has begun to move south to make room for the reemergence of Slurpy Swamp.
- August 1st - The Fortilla has rotated 90 degrees and the main entrance now faces north. The POI continues to move south as Slurpy Swamp gets fully unflooded.
- Update v14.00: Half of The Fortilla, including most of the buildings, has disappeared. They have most likely floated away similar to the gradual disappearance of Rickety Rig. The POI is also void of any AIs now.
- Update v15.00: The rest of The Fortilla has disappeared, likely in similar fashion to how the first half did - in that it drifted away.
|Use a whirlpool at The Fortilla (1)||Aquaman Challenges|
|Drive a boat from The Fortilla to The Authority in less than 4 minutes (1)||Chapter 2: Season 4 Weekly Challenges|
- This was one of the most dangerous places to land due to the fact that there are Henchmen present all over the location, in addition to a powerful Boss. The GHOST Henchmen would start shooting at any player on sight, so it was best to wear a disguise when you landed here.
- Despite it being a dangerous place to land, The Fortilla was still likely the safest of the three spy bases in Chapter 2: Season 3. Its large size compared to the other two meant that Henchmen are spread out and you’ll only have to deal with a couple at a time when gathering loot. The real adversaries would be Ocean herself, and other players.
- Due to the desirable Mythic loot Ocean may drop, as well as the fully stocked Vault on site, The Fortilla was a hot spot for many people. It was wise to enter and exit the location as quickly as possible, if one was to avoid conflict.
- The Fortilla Vault contained more loot than the Catty Corner and The Authority Vault, making the POI the most desirable place to drop if one wanted to most loot.
- Ocean dropped her Burst Assault Rifle and Bottomless Chug Jug upon her death - both extremely useful items, especially in Game Modes with a larger party.
Station 99 Gas Station
Station 99 Gas Station
- The appearance of The Fortilla appeared different in the Launch Trailer.
- In Chapter 2: Season 3, there was a SHADOW Henchmen Chest in a shack near The Fortilla, despite the location now being operated by GHOST. This was likely an oversight as the location used to be a possible spawn location for TNTina and her SHADOW Henchmen at The Rig. The oversight was brought to light in a Reddit post.
- It was a spawn location for Loot Sharks.
- Many Prefabs exist of The Fortilla for Fortnite: Creative.
- The Fortilla and The Ruins are officially the first ex-Henchmen POIs to have a compound name not starting the same letter (When The Rig lost the henchmen it was renamed Rickety Rig, The Shark -> Sharky Shell and The Grotto -> Brutus' Basin), were also the first POIs not to have a respawn van. Being the opposite of The Yacht in Chapter 2: Season 3, which was the first landmark to have a respawn van.