The Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle is a mid to long ranged semi-automatic weapon with a low zoom, thermal scope equipped. The Thermal Scope highlights opponents and containers at any range.
Thermal Scoped Assault Rifles range from dealing 29-31 damage per shot (159.5 - 170.5 Damage per second). All Scoped Assault Rifles use Medium Bullets. The Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle has a Headshot Multiplier of 2.0x.
|Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle||Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle||Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle|
|DPS: 112.0||DPS: 116.0||DPS: 124.0|
|Damage: 28||Damage: 29||Damage: 31|
|Magazine Size: 15||Magazine Size: 15||Magazine Size: 15|
|Fire Rate: 4.0||Fire Rate: 4.0||Fire Rate: 4.0|
|Reload Time: TBA||Reload Time: 2.2s||Reload Time: 2.1s|
The Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle is a hitscan weapon. As it uses a scope, the fired bullet will always shoot from the center of the crosshair. There is no damage falloff on the Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle.
|Pullout||Epic and Legendary|
|Shooting||Epic and Legendary|
|Reload||Epic and Legendary|
|Pickup||Epic and Legendary|
|Drop||Epic and Legendary|
|Scope In and Out||Epic and Legendary|
From when it was last obtainable in Chapter 3: Season 2
- The Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle can be a good replacement for a sniper rifle, especially if you are not good at compensating for slow moving bullets affected by gravity. Using this weapon allows the player to aim directly at targets and at least deal some damage.
- The Thermal Scope can be useful for times when vision is clouded, such as being in the storm or underwater.
- You can combine this weapon with a smoke grenade, and use its thermal scope to spot other players. Other players will not be able to shoot you as accurately as they cannot see you.
- The Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle will highlight Chests, Supply Drops, enemy heat signatures, lit Cozy Campfires and Supply Llamas with a yellow color making them easier to see against the blue that it shows everything else as.
- Update v4.40: Added Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle in Epic and Legendary rarities.
- Content Update v4.40: Enemy built structures are no longer lit up by the thermal scope.
- Cozy Campfires are now lit by the thermal scope.
- Update v4.50: Thermal Scoped Rifle changed to consistently show intended accuracy while in scoped in.
- The Thermal Scoped Rifle made to highlight opened Chests.
- Update v9.00: Vaulted Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle in both rarities.
- Content Update 2 v9.30 (July 9th): Unvaulted the Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle in both rarities.
- July 10th: Vaulted the Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle in both rarities.
- Update v19.40: Updated the stats for the Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle (Still Vaulted):
- Damage changed from 36/37 to 29/31.
- Fire Rate changed from 1.8 to 5.5.
- Fire mode changed from Semi Automatic to Fully Automatic.
- Update v20.00: Unvaulted the Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle.
- Unvaulted in existing Epic and Legendary rarities.
- Introduced Rare rarity.
- Updated the Icon for the weapon.
- Reduced Fire Rate from 5.5 to 4.0.
- Fire mode reverted back to Semi Automatic.
- Update v21.00 Vaulted the Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle.
- The weapon is based on the American M4 carbine with a SOPMOD and a thermal scope.
- The Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle was the rarest weapon in Chapter 1, with only a 0.4% chance of finding one from a Chest or Floor loot.
- Scoped Assault Rifle - A weapon with a similar function.