In Chapter 3 Season 3: Vibin’, the Island is one giant party. Bounce around in Reality Falls, ride atop creatures, brave the Screwballer coaster, and revel with new arsenal. Drop into Season 3 and spread the good vibes!
The Reality Tree has blossomed on the Island, forming a new biome in the process! This location called Reality Falls is a lush forest of mushrooms, bouncy mushrooms, and trees of purple. When you’re not browsing its flora, swim beneath its waterfalls, seek loot in its cavern, and spring from its geysers. Throughout the Season, see the effects the Reality Tree has on other parts of the Island…
More ways to have a good time on the Island? Hit the dance floor, have an ocean diversion, and take up a new hobby… like nurturing a Reality Sapling:
Reality Seed Pods are spreading from the Reality Tree. Plant a Reality Seed to grow a Reality Sapling — which grows in the same place match to match! Saplings bear better loot each time you weed them, so keep weeding a sapling until it bears Mythic loot. If you pick up a Reality Seed while you already have a sapling planted, throw the seed to teleport the sapling to where it lands. When your sapling wilts away, plant the seed it left behind!
Have a green thumb? Open the Map page to check on your sapling’s status, including when it’s time to weed it again.
Ballers are back! Roll around and grapple onto surfaces, but don’t just roll as you did before. In the spirit of celebration, get on the (totally safe) Screwballer for a high-flying amusement park ride.
The Baller’s received some updates since its last cycle on the Island. It has boosted health, it floats on water, and it now runs on Battery charge. When your Baller’s lost all juice, it’s time to board a new one!
Don’t let the high-speed fun stop with Ballers: jump on a wolf or boar to ride on it! You don’t have to dismount to fight — shoot and throw weapons while atop your steed.
PUT ON A SHOW
Display your combat ability with weapons new and returning:
The Two-Shot Shotgun is a burst pump Shotgun capable of fierce damage. If you land both shots of its burst, you can deliver a devastating punch.
A new era for the Island, a new type of weapon! This scoped rifle’s range falls between an Assault Rifle’s and Sniper Rifle’s. Master the DMR to be highly rewarded in battle.
The Hammer Assault Rifle doesn’t just fire fast, but if you tame its unique recoil, you can be a force at many ranges!
THE CHAPTER 3 SEASON 2 RETURNERS
- Sidearm Pistol
- Auto Shotgun
- Striker Pump Shotgun
- Stinger SMG
- Combat SMG
- Ranger Assault Rifle
- Striker Burst Rifle
- Heavy Sniper Rifle
- Firefly Jar
- Harpoon Gun
- Shadow Tracker (Exotic weapon)
- Marksman Six Shooter (Exotic weapon)
- The Dub (Exotic weapon)
- Boom Sniper Rifle (Exotic weapon)
- Shockwave Grenades (not technically a weapon, but hey)
- Cow Catcher
Just because the Island’s a party doesn’t mean the Storm has let up. In fact, it’s become even more dangerous! If you stay in the Storm too long cumulatively in a match, you’ll develop Storm Sickness, an ailment that accelerates the Storm’s decay of your Health.
But don’t worry: Storm Sickness never comes as a surprise — you’ll receive a warning if you’re close to getting it. And fortunately, the cure for Storm Sickness is simply exiting the Storm. If you re-enter it, however, it'll immediately affect you again.
Now’s not the time for dispute on the Island — bring different sides together! With this Season’s Battle Pass purchase, you can unlock Darth Vader himself plus the following characters preceding him:
Later on in the Season, you’ll be able to unlock world famous archaeologist Indiana Jones in the Battle Pass!
There’s assembling different characters, and there’s also assembling Snap! You’ll find this Outfit on Page 1 of the Battle Pass, and when you unlock it, you’ll unlock Snap Quests too. These Quests become available throughout the Season. Upon completing one, it'll reward a new part for Snap — mix and match different heads, arms, legs, and torsos.
DO THE (UNINTERRUPTED) SLIDE
Sliding's gotten some improvements! When you slide off a shallow ledge, you’ll now continue sliding instead of returning to a standing position. Also, when you land into a slide at high speed, your momentum will be maintained.
- Reality Seeds, Reality Saplings, wolves, and Ballers are not included in competitive playlists.
- Non-wolf wildlife and the Screwballer coaster are still included in competitive playlists.
A New Season has arrived and brings new items, new props, the [ https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/fortnite-creative-v21-00-update-physics-trees-boulders-and-more#Level%20Instance%20Device Level Instance device], and a new, easy way for players to support creators by liking your Island!
Trees that fall, roll, and cause damage! These trees can damage players, vehicles, and buildings – Timber!
We introduce to you three new physics boulders! Create traps with Trap boulders that will be stationary until triggered, use the new Balance boulders in a map to create tactical enemy eliminations, or place Physics boulders that can sink (or be used for resources)! Time to get those maps rocking.
LIKE THIS ISLAND!
It is now easier than ever for players to tell us when they enjoy an island! With 21.00 we've added functionality to the UI that will allow players to give a thumbs up to an island on exit. This gives players a quick and easy way to tell us which islands they loved without adding them to a Favorites list. This feature is rolling out as a test. During this testing phase, creators will not be able to see how many likes their Island has received.
OTHER UPDATES AND CHANGES
- The Island thermometer has been unified so the same system will be used for small and larger islands! The selection tool that now replaces the old hovering mechanism will inform creators about the saved memory cost of removing the selected item.
- The level Instance device has been released. This device will make it simple to create your own prefabs! Read more in the Level Instance Device document here
PREFAB & GALLERY UPDATES
- Reality Nature Gallery featuring assets from the New Vibin Season.
- Festival Gallery features Japanese styled props
- Bamboo Gallery features bamboo clusters similar to tall grass
PREFAB & GALLERY FIXES
- Fixed an issue with stair assets
- Fixed some alignment issues when moving multi-selected assets.
- Fixed some grammatical issues in descriptions of prefabs & galleries.
- Fixed a bug with devices being able to be placed outside of the safe volume
- Fixed some issues with memory
- Fixed an issue where devices are duplicated when set to invisible.
- Fixed multiple issues with the Prop Mover.
- Fixed an issue where debug text would appear in the kill feed on another island when being eliminated by a Sentry Device.
- Fixed an issue where fishing rods were sinking when cast into the Water Device.
- Addressed an issue where players could leave their creative island volume
- Fixed an issue where creative island owners would lose permissions to their own islands.
- Fixed multiple issues with the Car Racing Template
- bug was fixed for some cases of rubber banding
- Fixed an issue with UI on vending machines
- Fixed an issue where the pickaxe would not damage players in Creative minigames.
- Fixed server crashes after resetting island in Creative.
- Made various improvements to the device thermometer.
- Fixed an issue with the Helicopter not having a ‘Vehicle Health’ setting in Creative.
- Fixed a handful of performance-related issues.