An Upgrade Bench can be found in key locations across the Island, primarily in named POIs, but still often found in other areas across the map. The benches have a white glow around the top of them, to highlight their existence and make it easier for players to locate them.
Going up to an upgrade bench allows a player to upgrade a weapon. Upgrading allows players to use increasing numbers of bars to increase the rarity, and therefore buff the statistics of held weaponry. Not every weapon supports upgrading.
- Craggy Cliffs
- Retail Row
- Believer Beach
- Risky Reels
- Hydro 16
- Catty Corner
- Camp Cod
- Dirty Docks
- Steamy Stacks
- Dusted Depot
- Update v11.00: Added the Upgrade Bench. It is static, and can be found across the island. Weapons are upgraded using materials in increasing increments. Upgrade Benches cannot be destroyed.
- Update v13.00: Added the Upgrade Bench as an item. It can now be picked up and thrown to place a new bench. Existing benches can be destroyed and made into an item.
- Update v14.00: Vaulted Upgrade Bench as an item. Existing benches can no longer be destroyed.
- Update v15.00: Vaulted Upgrade Benches. Items are now upgraded by interacting with characters.
- Update v17.00: Reintroduced Upgrade Benches. They now cost Bars to operate and can no longer sidegrade weapons. Upgrades are also now instant.
- They are also destructible, but do not drop an item.
- The portable item version is still vaulted.