For the article on the Save the World equivalent of this article of the same name, please see Repair Bench (Save the World)
Upgrade Benches are an object found within Fortnite: Battle Royale. They were first introduced in Chapter 2: Season 1 and are found all over the Apollo and Artemis islands.
An Upgrade Bench can be found in key locations across the Island. The benches have a white glow around the top of them, to highlight their existence and make it easier for players to locate them.
Going up to an upgrade bench allows a player to upgrade a weapon. Upgrading allows players to use increasing numbers of bars to increase the rarity, and therefore buff the statistics of held weaponry. Not every weapon supports upgrading.
- Logjam Lumberyard, in the main building
- Rocky Reels, in the "screen building"
- 2 at Chonker's Speedway, one in the building north of the road, one in the building south of the road.
- Washout Warf, outside
- Launchpad, in the building in the center
- The Minnows, under the building's planks
- Turbine, outside the building
- In a gas station :
- Update v11.00: Added the Upgrade Bench. It is static, and can be found across the island. Weapons are upgraded using materials in increasing increments. Upgrade Benches cannot be destroyed.
- Update v13.00: Added the Upgrade Bench as an item. It can now be picked up and thrown to place a new bench. Existing benches can be destroyed and made into an item.
- Update v14.00: Vaulted Upgrade Bench as an item. Existing benches can no longer be destroyed.
- Update v15.00: Vaulted Upgrade Benches. Items are now upgraded by interacting with characters.
- Update v17.00: Reintroduced Upgrade Benches. They now cost Bars to operate and can no longer sidegrade weapons. Upgrades are also now instant.
- They are also destructible, but do not drop an item.
- The portable item version is still vaulted.