An occurrence where a player or team meets the victory conditions of the current game mode of the match being played. Typically, this refers to obtaining a first place placement finish.
- — Fortnite competitive rule section 2.1.8
A Victory Royale is a Gameplay Mechanic in Fortnite: Battle Royale. It is obtained by being the last squad alive in a standard Battle Royale match.
A Victory Royale is gained by the player when all other opponents in the match are eliminated, or when the objective of the mode is reached successfully. Players will see the banner atop their screen, alongside a slow motion segment on the elimination of the final player / win. Players will then hear their lobby Music, and the match will end.
Players achieving a Victory Royale for the first time will receive a Victory Umbrella. Players winning for the first time in a season will also gain the seasonal umbrella. Winning in certain Limited Time Modes grants the player a unique umbrella, and winning for the first time using a Founder's Account will grant the Founder's Umbrella also. Players will not receive any of these awards for winning in Large Team Modes such as Team Rumble.
Earning a Victory Royale will award players with a Victory Crown, granting various benefits.
Victory Royales can be obtained in the following ways:
- Placing as the top squad in any Solo, Duo, Trio or Squad based mode with respawning disabled. This includes many Limited Time Modes, some of which offer unique rewards.
- Achieving the objective before the other team, or gaining a higher score as the timer runs out in large team modes, such as Team Rumble.
- Eliminating all living players as a Shadow, during Fortnitemares 2020.
- This was known as a Nitemare Royale.
- Eliminating a player with the final weapon rotation in the Arsenal LTM.
- Beating the final boss in the Horde Rush LTM.
- Eliminating Thanos or Eliminating the Avengers in the Endgame LTM.
- Safely extracting the Jewel in the Getaway LTM.
- Being the first squad to escape the island in the Impossible Escape LTM.
- This granted the Escapist Umbrella.
- Reaching the point goal in any version of Bounty, Disco Domination or Score Royale.
- Winning in Wick's Bounty granted the player with a Unique Umbrella.
- Beating all other squads in any tournament based mode, such as Knockout.
- Obtaining the most credits in the Mando's Bounty LTM.
- This is known as a Bounty Royale and granted a Unique Umbrella.
- Eliminate the Storm King in his specific mode.
- This granted the Storm Sail umbrella.
- Destroying the opposing team's mascot in the Food Fight LTM.
- Victory Royales do not exist in Creative games, instead showing a 'Victory' splash screen if victory conditions are enabled and met.